The Descendants and Ancestors of William Berry, Sr.

by John V. Berry William Berry, Sr.  is believed to have been born in the State of Maryland around the year 1738 and the available ev...

Monday, April 23, 2018

Ye Old Ancestors - The Berrys of Drowning Creek

By John Berry

This is a reprint of my Uncle Burgin Berry's research entitled Ye Old Ancestors, The Berrys of Drowning Creek. This was likely prepared in the mid-1980s and a few things have changed. I believe that this is clearly our Berry line, but I believe that our ancestor was Ezekiel Berry's brother, Lott Berry. Lott Berry had 4 children, including Archibald mentioned below and John Berry (my line).

Henderson Berry (my great grandfather), as noted below in my uncle's handwriting, lived on the same land (albeit a smaller portion) as William Berry did in the 1760s. Lots of great research by my late uncle in here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment